Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
Elizabeth Brock is the Director of the Center for Public Television and Radio. A longtime fan of public radio, Elizabeth is proud to be part of the Alabama Public Radio team.
With more than 25 years television production experience, Elizabeth came to Alabama after 14 years at KCTS, the Seattle public television station, and four years heading up West 175 Productions, one of Seattle’s largest independent television production companies.
Ms. Brock was Executive Producer of Bill Nye the Science Guy, recipient of 17 national Emmys, and numerous other series, including The Art of Magic and Life Beyond Earth for PBS and SciSquad for the Discovery Channel. She continues as the Executive Producer of Second Opinion, a national PBS medical series now in its ninth year of production.
Her documentary work includes a variety of one-hour specials as well as episodes series such as AMERICAN MASTERS and AMERICAN EXPERIENCE for PBS and REVISITING AMERICA for the Discovery Channel.
Ms. Brock has received multiple awards for her work, including four Emmys, the Anna Quindlen Award for Excellence in Journalism, the National Science Board Public Service Award, and the National Education Association Award.
She received her M.B.A. from the University of Washington and her B.S. from the University of Maine.