Most Active Stories
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- College board bill stalls, lawmakers' "attack on women" and UA filmmaker headed to Cannes
- Charges Dropped on UA's Jones, Planned Parenthood attacks, Bo Bikes Bama
- Dazzling Trumpeter Rolf Smedvig Dies Suddenly
David came to Alabama Public Radio as a part-time employee while in graduate school at the University of Alabama. He became APR’s full-time music director and classical host in December of 1996.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, David moved to Alabama just prior to entering first grade. His love of music developed early. He began to study the piano while in elementary school, and played trombone in his high school and college bands. He received a BA in Music, returning to school several years later to receive MA degrees both in Elementary Education and Counselor Education. His love of music won out when he had the opportunity to become music director at APR.
David has also served as President of the Association of Music Personnel in Public Radio for six years.