Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
David came to Alabama Public Radio as a part-time employee while in graduate school at the University of Alabama. He became APR’s full-time music director and classical host in December of 1996.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, David moved to Alabama just prior to entering first grade. His love of music developed early. He began to study the piano while in elementary school, and played trombone in his high school and college bands. He received a BA in Music, returning to school several years later to receive MA degrees both in Elementary Education and Counselor Education. His love of music won out when he had the opportunity to become music director at APR.
David has also served as President of the Association of Music Personnel in Public Radio for six years.