In Kind Food Donations Donor Program
Alabama Public Radio relies on our many volunteers to help ensure our Membership Drives and other APR events in which volunteers are involved run smoothly and successfully. To keep our volunteers going — and happy — during their shifts, local businesses and national chains generously donate food, beverages and related items. Find out more about donor benefits and recognition.
As a food donor, you determine the frequency of donations and decide what amount of participation is right for you and your business. Alabama Public Radio fund drives are held twice per year: April and September. During each fund drive, our goal is to feed breakfast, lunch, and dinner to a group of 12-20 volunteers. We may have other opportunities throughout the year and would be happy to include you.
Your support is essential to what we do, and our goal is to make your donation experience as positive and convenient as possible. We can arrange for your donation to be picked up and we can recognize your contribution in a variety of ways.
Sign Up to Become a Food Donor
Benefits and Recognition:
Each time you provide an in-kind food donation for our volunteers and staff during an APR membership drive, you will receive:
· Twenty on-air thank-you acknowledgements over a two-week period on APR for each meal you donate (value: $250). For more information about Alabama Public Radio's listening audience, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ability to deduct your gift from your taxes as allowed by law.
- Alabama Public Radio appreciation gift.
- Your business information listed on Alabama Public Radio's web site each time you donate during a membership drive.
- Alignment with other well-known national and community businesses.
- Personal satisfaction in supporting community-minded radio.
Alabama Public Radio thanks the following organizations and individuals who will donate food and refreshments during our next membership drive. If you have the opportunity, please thank them for supporting Alabama Public Radio, and support them with your business.
Tuscaloosa Tour of Kitchens Supporters
Snap Decisions Catering
Jim 'n Nicks Bar-B-Q
The Cypress Inn
Southern Ale House
Pan Handlers Down Home Catering
A Cutting Edge Catering