Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
- Obama to speak in Birmingham, Medicaid expansion opposition and Alabama bike summit
- Obama to visit Birmingham, Charter Schools bill passed, Aerofest
San Francisco Symphony
The San Francisco Symphony sets the highest possible standard for excellence in musical performance at home and around the world; Enriches, serves, and shapes cultural life throughout the spectrum of Bay Area communities; Maintains financial stability and gains public recognition as a means of ensuring its ability to fulfill its mission.
In 2006, MTT and the SFS launched Keeping Score, a multi-year, multimedia program designed to make classical music accessible to people of all ages and musical backgrounds. It included a national PBS television series seen by over 6 million Americans, an interactive Web site, a national radio series hosted by MTT, documentary and live performance DVDs, and a classroom program for K-12 schools that integrated classical music into core subjects. Keeping Score is available on DVD and Blu-ray, and can be accessed at keepingscore.org. The Symphony’s use of new technology to reach audiences dates back to 1926, when it became the first orchestra in the United States to play on regular radio broadcasts. Today, the SFS is heard on nearly 300 radio stations across the country, enriching American musical life.
For more information, please visit their website at http://www.sfsymphony.org/index.aspx