Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Fri July 6, 2012
Your Love Letters To Pie Came In Droves
Originally published on Wed July 11, 2012 2:08 pm
All good things come to an end, and we're sad to report that today marks the conclusion of Pie Week. What started as an admission of our fears of making pie crust (see Allison Aubrey's story) has become something much bigger that speaks to just how powerful pie can be as a means of bringing us together.
What has made it all the more meaningful for us is the outpouring of stories we've received from you, the listeners of Morning Edition and readers of this blog.
This morning, you heard NPR listeners sharing memories of making pies on Morning Edition. Here we give you a few of the stories that came in by email, Twitter and the comment section on the blog.