Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Fri July 6, 2012
Your Love Letters To Pie Came In Droves
Originally published on Wed July 11, 2012 2:08 pm
All good things come to an end, and we're sad to report that today marks the conclusion of Pie Week. What started as an admission of our fears of making pie crust (see Allison Aubrey's story) has become something much bigger that speaks to just how powerful pie can be as a means of bringing us together.
What has made it all the more meaningful for us is the outpouring of stories we've received from you, the listeners of Morning Edition and readers of this blog.
This morning, you heard NPR listeners sharing memories of making pies on Morning Edition. Here we give you a few of the stories that came in by email, Twitter and the comment section on the blog.