Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Tue September 17, 2013
Work to Close I-85 North Near Montgomery
Motorists traveling Interstate 85 North near Montgomery may experience delays through Sept. 24.
The Alabama Department of Transportation says intermittent lane closures and stoppages will occur on I-85 North at mile marker 14.5 between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, as well as Sunday through Tuesday, Sept. 22-24.
The lane closures and stoppages will be while crews set steel ramp girders for the new Montgomery Outer Loop. The department says the stoppages will be for 15 to 20 minutes. State troopers will assist with traffic control.
The department says the work schedule to subject to weather conditions.