Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Politics & Government
Tue September 17, 2013
Work to Close I-85 North Near Montgomery
Motorists traveling Interstate 85 North near Montgomery may experience delays through Sept. 24.
The Alabama Department of Transportation says intermittent lane closures and stoppages will occur on I-85 North at mile marker 14.5 between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, as well as Sunday through Tuesday, Sept. 22-24.
The lane closures and stoppages will be while crews set steel ramp girders for the new Montgomery Outer Loop. The department says the stoppages will be for 15 to 20 minutes. State troopers will assist with traffic control.
The department says the work schedule to subject to weather conditions.