Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Thu January 16, 2014
Wordless News: Legalizing 'Charlotte's Web' Medical Marijuana
Originally published on Thu January 16, 2014 2:22 pm
Every day, illustrator Maria Fabrizio posts a news-inspired image on her Wordless News blog. This week, all of her pictures will be inspired by stories she hears on Morning Edition.
Today, Greg Allen's story caught her ear: It's about how parents of children with a rare seizure disorder want access to a marijuana extract to treat it. This variety of the drug, known as Charlotte's Web, has very little of the primary component that produces the high. Families have been moving to Colorado to get access to the therapy, and Florida is considering legalization.