Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Mon June 24, 2013
Women's Football League Holds Tryout in Birmingham
The Women's Indoor Football League is planning to host a tryout in Birmingham to fill rosters for its teams there, in Montgomery and Atlanta.
Ray Blanchette, CEO of Blanchette Sports Holdings, tells the Montgomery Advertiser (http://on.mgmadv.com/11xzlN9) the Women's Indoor Football League is meant to give women the opportunity to play the sport at a professional level as an alternative to the Lingerie Football League.
The tryouts on June 30 will be similar to an NFL combine and will include passing drills, a 40-yard dash, three-cone drills and broad jumps. Blanchette says the league is hoping at least 50 to 70 women register for tryouts. Training camps for the league are expected to begin in January.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com