Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Winter Weather Warning
Mon February 10, 2014
Winter Storm Warning Issued For Alabama
Alabama is bracing for a one-two punch of winter weather expected to bring ice and snow accumulations across central and north Alabama.
The National Weather Service in Birmingham has issued a winter storm warning beginning 9 p.m. Monday. The warning area includes the cities of Hamilton, Jasper, Birmingham, Hoover, Pell City Tuscaloosa and Gadsden.
Forecasters say accumulations of one to two inches of snow are possible across much of north central Alabama. Accumulations of up to two-tenths of freezing rain are also possible.
A second round of wintry precipitation will likely begin Tuesday night and last through Wednesday night.
Meteorologists are warning that the multiple rounds of winter weather will make travel hazardous or impossible. Power outages are also possible because of ice accumulations.
Alabama Winter Weather-Troopers