Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Thu October 30, 2008
Will Obama Bring Blacks to Polls?
By Alisa Beckwith-Ayilliath, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – With African American voter turnout expected to be at record numbers for this presidential election, the question of how much black voter turnout will impact the election looms large. Alabama Public Radio's Alisa Beckwith-Ayilliath decided to visit African American barbershops to find out from voters how big of a role Barack Obama's race plays in getting blacks to the polls.