Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Thu October 30, 2008
Will Obama Bring Blacks to Polls?
By Alisa Beckwith-Ayilliath, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – With African American voter turnout expected to be at record numbers for this presidential election, the question of how much black voter turnout will impact the election looms large. Alabama Public Radio's Alisa Beckwith-Ayilliath decided to visit African American barbershops to find out from voters how big of a role Barack Obama's race plays in getting blacks to the polls.