Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Thu October 30, 2008
Will Obama Bring Blacks to Polls?
By Alisa Beckwith-Ayilliath, Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – With African American voter turnout expected to be at record numbers for this presidential election, the question of how much black voter turnout will impact the election looms large. Alabama Public Radio's Alisa Beckwith-Ayilliath decided to visit African American barbershops to find out from voters how big of a role Barack Obama's race plays in getting blacks to the polls.