Most Active Stories
- Chocolate, Chocolate, It's Good For Your Heart, Study Finds
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- “No Remorse”: Prison Letters of Klansman Convicted in ’63 Birmingham Church Bombing
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
Fri September 27, 2013
Is North America The Next World Capital Of Energy?
Originally published on Fri September 27, 2013 5:07 am
A perfect storm of sorts is leading some Western energy companies to step back from investments and operations in the Middle East. Companies see increased risk in the region because of the turmoil and violence following the Arab Spring. And, advances in technology have made it easier to produce oil in North America.