Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed April 3, 2013
Why Farms Plan To Plant So Much Corn This Year
Originally published on Wed April 3, 2013 1:48 pm
U.S. farmers anticipate planting the most corn since 1936, a total of 97.3 million acres. Farmers are hoping to rebuild their corn supplies after last year's drought. Chad Hart, economics professor at Iowa State University, explains why farmers intend to plant high amount of corn this season.