Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Mon May 20, 2013
WATCH: A Train Wreck Of A 'Star-Spangled Banner' Performance
Originally published on Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm
Imagine: You're tapped to sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the Memorial Cup, a Canadian hockey tournament being held in Saskatoon. Midway through, you realize you don't know the words. What do you do?
Well, on Saturday, the Canadian jazz singer Alexis Normand decided to just keep going and mumble the rest. It's cringe-inducing, but also really funny. Watch:
Normand, by the way, sent this tweet shortly after her performance:
"I'm embarrassed and deeply sorry. I wish I'd had more time to learn the American anthem. Thanks so much for the crowd's help! #memorialcup"
Salon gives her some solace. It rounds up the "worst national anthem fails." Among them: Michael Bolton, who had to stop midway to read the lyrics off his hand.