Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue April 23, 2013
Watch These Coachella Attendees Enthuse Over Made-Up Bands
Originally published on Tue April 23, 2013 2:09 pm
Jimmy Kimmel Live ran this rather remarkable segment in which, as the show explained it, people walking into Coachella were asked about bands that do not, in fact, exist. Nevertheless, these particular folks had strong opinions about the great "energy" of The Chelsea Clintons, and the album DJ Cornmeal, which one guy claims he used to play all the time at his community radio show.
I can't vouch for this being real, and even if it is, it may well have taken many, many interactions to get these few that are worth airing. But I must admit: I hope it's real. It's one thing to give a noncommittal nod when something comes up that you don't know about, but it's another thing to claim you tooooootally played it in Canada.