Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Fri January 31, 2014
WATCH: Skydivers Save Unconscious Comrade In Midair Rescue
Originally published on Fri January 31, 2014 2:03 pm
It would be hard to think of a worse place to be knocked unconscious than while free falling toward the ground from 12,500 feet up.
But that's what happened to 25-year-old James Lee as he was taking part in a group skydive in southwest Britain, in video posted by The Telegraph.
Moments after the jump, Lee is struck and knocked out in a midair collision with a fellow skydiver. Lee's helmet cam records the heart-stopping video of him hurtling uncontrollably toward the earth.
What comes next is what's really amazing, though: Two other skydivers suddenly realize that Lee is in trouble and coordinate an effort to save him. As seen on the helmet cam, they use hand signals to get his free fall stabilized and get his parachute deployed.
The hapless skydiver regains consciousness only after his chute is open and as he is gliding to a (safe) landing.