Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue October 1, 2013
WATCH: Newborn White Lion Cubs In South Korea
Originally published on Fri October 4, 2013 9:41 am
If you're suffering withdrawal symptoms from the National Zoo's "pandacams" — sadly deemed "nonessential" and therefore shut down, along with much of the rest of the government — we have the perfect antidote:
Above, we have some video from the Voice of America, showing the debut of a pair of rare white lion cubs born recently at a South Korea's Everland zoo. One of them weighs about 5.5 pounds and the other is about 1 pound heavier. Both are described in "very healthy" condition. None of our sources say exactly when they were born.
VOA says the baby brothers are "a rare color mutation, with only about 300 specimens left in the world." For Everland, the as-yet-unnamed cubs bring their total number of white lions to eight.