Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Senate District 35
Tue March 12, 2013
Voters Deciding Alabama Senate District 35 Runoff
State Rep. Jim Barton of Mobile and Mobile businessman Bill Hightower are facing off in the Republican runoff for state Senate District 35 in southern Mobile County.
The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Hightower finished first in the Republican primary in January and Barton second. The third-place finisher, Nick Matranga, endorsed Barton in the runoff.
There is no Democratic candidate for District 35. The winner of the Republican runoff will fill the vacancy created when Ben Brooks resigned his Senate seat to become a circuit judge in Mobile.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.