Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Senate District 35
Tue March 12, 2013
Voters Deciding Alabama Senate District 35 Runoff
State Rep. Jim Barton of Mobile and Mobile businessman Bill Hightower are facing off in the Republican runoff for state Senate District 35 in southern Mobile County.
The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Hightower finished first in the Republican primary in January and Barton second. The third-place finisher, Nick Matranga, endorsed Barton in the runoff.
There is no Democratic candidate for District 35. The winner of the Republican runoff will fill the vacancy created when Ben Brooks resigned his Senate seat to become a circuit judge in Mobile.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.