Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Senate District 35
Tue March 12, 2013
Voters Deciding Alabama Senate District 35 Runoff
State Rep. Jim Barton of Mobile and Mobile businessman Bill Hightower are facing off in the Republican runoff for state Senate District 35 in southern Mobile County.
The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Hightower finished first in the Republican primary in January and Barton second. The third-place finisher, Nick Matranga, endorsed Barton in the runoff.
There is no Democratic candidate for District 35. The winner of the Republican runoff will fill the vacancy created when Ben Brooks resigned his Senate seat to become a circuit judge in Mobile.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.