Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Wed October 17, 2012
Volunteers Find More Graves At Old Cemetery
Volunteers say they've discovered more graves at a Montgomery cemetery.
The volunteers are using ground-penetrating radar in hopes of finding the true boundaries of Lincoln Cemetery and a total count of everyone buried there.
Lincoln Cemetery was originally designed to hold around 700 burials, but so far 7,000 bodies have been discovered and now a few more graves can be added to the list.
Members of the Lincoln Cemetery Authority say grant money for the project has been depleted.
They say they're trying to obtain more grant money to continue work at the graveyard.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.