Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed October 17, 2012
Volunteers Find More Graves At Old Cemetery
Volunteers say they've discovered more graves at a Montgomery cemetery.
The volunteers are using ground-penetrating radar in hopes of finding the true boundaries of Lincoln Cemetery and a total count of everyone buried there.
Lincoln Cemetery was originally designed to hold around 700 burials, but so far 7,000 bodies have been discovered and now a few more graves can be added to the list.
Members of the Lincoln Cemetery Authority say grant money for the project has been depleted.
They say they're trying to obtain more grant money to continue work at the graveyard.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.