Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon January 13, 2014
Volkswagen To Invest $7 Billion In North American Operations
Originally published on Mon January 13, 2014 11:18 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a little German engineering.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Volkswagen has announced plans to invest $7 billion in its North American operations. It's part of an effort to boost sales in the United States, which slid 7 percent last year. A new seven-seat SUV designed specifically for the American market is a central part of the new investment plan.
It is believed the new vocal will be built at VW's plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.