Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue December 30, 2003
Vietnam Prepares for Shrimp Suit
By Alabama Public Radio
Hanoi, Vietnam – Vietnam is preparing to fight a potential anti-dumping lawsuit against its shrimp industry. The U-S Southern Shrimp Alliance is threatening to sue several shrimp exporting countries in South America and southeast Asia. The group says the countries are illegally selling their products on the U-S market below production costs. The Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers has been working with U-S law firms in anticipation of the lawsuit. Vietnam exported 467 million dollars worth of shrimp to the U-S last year.