Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
- Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Mon July 9, 2012
Video surveillance added at Alabama Statehouse
Legislative committee rooms at the Alabama Statehouse in Montgomery are getting video surveillance equipment.
The Alabama Department of Homeland Security announced it has awarded a grant of $72,836 to perform the work. Homeland Security Director Spencer Collier is a former legislator. He says the investment will protect legislators, staff and visitors to the Statehouse.
Officials say the equipment is being added in space previously used by the state attorney general that has now been converted to meeting rooms for legislative committees.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)