Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 9, 2012
Video surveillance added at Alabama Statehouse
Legislative committee rooms at the Alabama Statehouse in Montgomery are getting video surveillance equipment.
The Alabama Department of Homeland Security announced it has awarded a grant of $72,836 to perform the work. Homeland Security Director Spencer Collier is a former legislator. He says the investment will protect legislators, staff and visitors to the Statehouse.
Officials say the equipment is being added in space previously used by the state attorney general that has now been converted to meeting rooms for legislative committees.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)