Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Mon July 9, 2012
Video surveillance added at Alabama Statehouse
Legislative committee rooms at the Alabama Statehouse in Montgomery are getting video surveillance equipment.
The Alabama Department of Homeland Security announced it has awarded a grant of $72,836 to perform the work. Homeland Security Director Spencer Collier is a former legislator. He says the investment will protect legislators, staff and visitors to the Statehouse.
Officials say the equipment is being added in space previously used by the state attorney general that has now been converted to meeting rooms for legislative committees.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)