Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Wed March 27, 2013
VIDEO: Bus Driver Keeps His Head As Light Pole Smashes Through Windshield
Originally published on Wed March 27, 2013 10:38 am
(Note: Don't click on the videos we're writing about here unless you're prepared to be scared.)
Mao Zhihao is lucky to be alive, and his passengers are lucky he reacted quickly.
As this surveillance video shows, Mao was nearly skewered Monday when the bus he was driving in the eastern Chinese province of Zheijang came upon an accident scene where a light pole had been knocked over and was sticking out into traffic.
The pole smashed through the windshield. But Mao was able to duck in time. He was then able to bring the bus to a stop, crawl out from under the pole and help his passengers get to safety.
SkyNews says he's being hailed as a hero. Mao reportedly suffered a ruptured spleen. "I was pinned down by the lamppost and put the bus into gear instinctively," he said from his hospital bed.
We've posted before about scary things flying through windshields. Check out this post from April 2011: "Scariest Car Crash Ever Caught On Video."