Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 25, 2005
Venable Turns 66, Still Fighting Leukemia
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Alabama House did take a short break Thursday to sing "Happy Birthday" to a veteran lawmaker who's being treated for leukemia. Tallassee Representative Jack Venable turns 66 Friday. Venable thanked his fellow lawmakers for remembering and recognizing his birthday. He says that when he found out he had leukemia last September he didn't know if he would make it through another year. Venable is the chair of the House Rules Committee.