Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Alabama Gas Rates
Tue November 5, 2013
Utility Board OKs New Rate Plan For Alabama Gas
The state's utility regulatory board has approved a new rate plan for Alabama Gas Co. that is forecast to save customers money.
The Public Service Commission had been allowing Alabama Gas a return on equity of 13.15 percent to 13.65 percent.
The commission voted unanimously Tuesday to set a lower range of 10.5 percent to 10.95 percent. The change is due to take effect with the new year.
PSC President Twinkle Andress Cavanaugh said the typical customer should save $33 annually.
The rate plan is similar to one the PSC approved earlier for Mobile Gas Co.
Politics & Government