Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Wed October 9, 2013
U.S. Ban Unlikely To Affect Samsung's Bottom Line
Originally published on Wed October 9, 2013 9:22 am
The Obama administration has upheld a ban on the import and sale of some Samsung smartphones and tablets. The move represents a victory for Apple, which is embroiled in a longstanding patent dispute with Samsung. But the import ban is unlikely to affect Samsung's profits since the devices at the heart of the case are no longer big sellers.