Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Business & Education
Sun June 8, 2014
University of North Alabama considers Tuition Hike
FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — Officials at the University of North Alabama are slated to discuss a potential tuition increase during an upcoming meeting. The TimesDaily reports the board of trustees is expected to discuss a potential $13-per credit hour tuition increase during their quarterly meeting Monday morning. The increase would make the university's tuition rate $246 per undergraduate credit hour, or $738 for a three-credit course. The increase for graduate students would be $289 per credit hour or $867 for a three-hour course. Last year, tuition at the University of North Alabama increased by $11