Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Campus Gun Law
Mon August 19, 2013
University of Alabama Continues Ban on Campus Guns
School officials say the University of Alabama will continue its ban on firearms on the campus, with a few exceptions.
The university released a revised weapons policy on Friday covering possession of weapons on the campus by students, employees and visitors.
The revised policy, which goes into effect immediately, was issued in response to a new state law that sought to clarify where and how gun owners could carry and transport their firearms.
The Tuscaloosa News reports (http://bit.ly/15Xgfx9) that that the school's revised policy generally continues a ban on the possession, transportation and use of firearms and other dangerous weapons.
University spokeswoman Cathy Andreen said it continues to be a violation of the student code of conduct for students to have a gun or dangerous weapon on campus.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com
Business & Education