Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
West Alabama-Auto Program
Tue November 12, 2013
Univ. Of West Ala. Starting Automotive Program
The University of West Alabama is getting some help as it starts a new automotive program.
The school at Livingston has received a grant of $100,500 from the Delta Regional Authority that will be used to buy equipment for a new automotive technician certification program.
The program is designed to train workers for part suppliers for Mercedes Benz. The companies are expanding operations following a $2.4 billion investment by the German automaker to add production lines at its plant near Tuscaloosa.
West Alabama President Richard D. Holland says the new program will begin in spring 2014 semester. He says it's part of the university's commitment to improving the workforce in the Black Belt region of west Alabama.