Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue September 3, 2013
United Way of Madison County Plans Block Party
The United Way of Madison County is planning to kick off its annual fall campaign with a block party in Huntsville.
The celebration is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Big Spring Park.
The event will include a free street carnival with live buskers, music, carnival games and a giant, free birthday cake to mark the agency's 70th anniversary in Huntsville. The cake will be cut at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Al.com reports (http://bit.ly/1dIDtRJ) that the event will also include information about how United Way-supported programs have improved the quality of life in North Alabama over the past year for individuals, families and the community.