Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue September 3, 2013
United Way of Madison County Plans Block Party
The United Way of Madison County is planning to kick off its annual fall campaign with a block party in Huntsville.
The celebration is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Big Spring Park.
The event will include a free street carnival with live buskers, music, carnival games and a giant, free birthday cake to mark the agency's 70th anniversary in Huntsville. The cake will be cut at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Al.com reports (http://bit.ly/1dIDtRJ) that the event will also include information about how United Way-supported programs have improved the quality of life in North Alabama over the past year for individuals, families and the community.