Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Science & Health
Mon January 27, 2014
UAB Opening Medical Center in Montgomery
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is opening a new medical program in Montgomery.
The UAB Montgomery Regional Medical Campus opens Tuesday at Baptist Medical Center South in Montgomery.
The center will train medical students in areas including family medicine, surgery and pediatrics. Six third-year medical students will be accepted starting in May, and more will arrive next year.
The Montgomery campus joins existing regional campuses in Tuscaloosa and Huntsville, plus the main UAB campus in Birmingham.