Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Business & Education
Wed June 26, 2013
UAB to Offer Biomedicine Degree Program
The University of Alabama Birmingham has announced it will begin offering a degree program in biomedical sciences.
AL.com (http://bit.ly/10ja0pa) reported Tuesday that the program will start this fall for incoming freshman and sophomores.
School officials say the first two years of the program will focus on core liberal arts courses. The final two years will focus more on biochemistry, physiology and pathologic diseases.
UAB officials say the health care field is expected to be the fastest growing industry through 2020 and will create more than 3 million new jobs. Officials say the program is designed to help undergraduates enter the field or graduate programs that are related to it.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews