Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Business & Education
Wed June 26, 2013
UAB to Offer Biomedicine Degree Program
The University of Alabama Birmingham has announced it will begin offering a degree program in biomedical sciences.
AL.com (http://bit.ly/10ja0pa) reported Tuesday that the program will start this fall for incoming freshman and sophomores.
School officials say the first two years of the program will focus on core liberal arts courses. The final two years will focus more on biochemistry, physiology and pathologic diseases.
UAB officials say the health care field is expected to be the fastest growing industry through 2020 and will create more than 3 million new jobs. Officials say the program is designed to help undergraduates enter the field or graduate programs that are related to it.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews