Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Business & Education
Wed June 26, 2013
UAB to Offer Biomedicine Degree Program
The University of Alabama Birmingham has announced it will begin offering a degree program in biomedical sciences.
AL.com (http://bit.ly/10ja0pa) reported Tuesday that the program will start this fall for incoming freshman and sophomores.
School officials say the first two years of the program will focus on core liberal arts courses. The final two years will focus more on biochemistry, physiology and pathologic diseases.
UAB officials say the health care field is expected to be the fastest growing industry through 2020 and will create more than 3 million new jobs. Officials say the program is designed to help undergraduates enter the field or graduate programs that are related to it.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews