Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Mon November 12, 2012
UA Taps Interim Provost To Replace New President
The University of Alabama has named a replacement for provost Judy Bonner, who was recently tapped as the school's first female president.
Long-time administrator and faculty member Joe Benson will serve as interim provost, which is the school's chief academic official.
Benson has been vice president for research and vice provost since 2009. A statement released Monday says he will continue in the vice presidential slot and as provost until his planned retirement in summer 2013.
Bonner will appoint search committees to fill both positions on a permanent basis.
Bonner recently became president following the unexpected resignation of Guy Bailey after about two months in the job.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.