Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Sun September 8, 2013
UA President Speaks Out On Voter Fraud Allegations
The president of the University of Alabama says the school can't investigate voter fraud allegations until local and state agencies have done so.
University president Judy Bonner wrote a letter to students and faculty in response to allegations that some of the school's fraternities and sororities encouraged members to vote for municipal elections candidates by offering free drinks and other incentives.
Board of Education District 4 incumbent Kelly Horwitz has filed a suit contesting the election. Horwitz says some who cast ballots in her district were ineligible to vote there.
Horwitz lost the race to Cason Kirby, a recent University of Alabama law school graduate, by less than 90 votes.
Politics & Government