Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Sun September 8, 2013
UA President Speaks Out On Voter Fraud Allegations
The president of the University of Alabama says the school can't investigate voter fraud allegations until local and state agencies have done so.
University president Judy Bonner wrote a letter to students and faculty in response to allegations that some of the school's fraternities and sororities encouraged members to vote for municipal elections candidates by offering free drinks and other incentives.
Board of Education District 4 incumbent Kelly Horwitz has filed a suit contesting the election. Horwitz says some who cast ballots in her district were ineligible to vote there.
Horwitz lost the race to Cason Kirby, a recent University of Alabama law school graduate, by less than 90 votes.
Politics & Government