Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue January 25, 2005
Tyson Will Post Worker Rights
By Alabama Public Radio
Springdale, AR – Tyson Foods is posting a list of workers rights at all of its plants. The company's chairman says it will reinforce Tyson's position that its workers are the company's most valuable resource. Tyson also wants to make sure its workers understand their rights, benefits and responsibilities. The document will be translated into several languages and will cover employees' rights to a safe workplace, freedom from discrimination and retaliation, compensation, collective bargaining and training. Tyson operates five processing plants in north Alabama. The company is the world's largest chicken, beef and pork processor.