Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Mon June 9, 2014
Tyson Foods Prevails In Bidding War For Hillshire Brands
Originally published on Mon June 9, 2014 7:14 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
NPR's Business News like, perhaps your breakfast, begins with sausage. Tyson Foods has prevailed in a bidding war for Hillshire Brands, the maker of Jimmy Dean sausage as well as Ball Park hotdogs. The deal, reportedly worth just under $7 billion, was made over the weekend, although details have not yet been made public. Tyson, the nation's biggest meat company, beat out Pilgrim's Pride, which is owned by a giant Brazilian food Corporation. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.