Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 10, 2004
Two Siegelman Associates Testify Before Grand Jury
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Two of former Governor Don Siegelman's close associates have testified before a federal grand jury investigating government corruption. Long-time Siegelman aide Marilyn Rowe and former executive secretary Nick Bailey testified Monday in Montgomery. Both declined comment after their appearance before the grand jury. Rowe has worked with Siegelman for several years and has continued to work for him since he left the governor's office. Bailey worked for Siegelman in the lieutenant governor's office and in the governor's office. Bailey pleaded guilty last year in the government corruption investigation and has become a cooperating witness. He also appeared before the grand jury in June.