Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed November 10, 2004
Two Guardsmen Receive State Medal
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Riley honored two members of the Alabama National Guard Wednesday. They received the Special Service Medal of Alabama for their leadership after Hurricane Ivan hit the state. Colonel Jeffrey Kinard of the 226th Area Support Group of Mobile and Staff Sergeant James Dunkle of the 167th Infantry Battalion of Valley were recognized for their work. Riley says the soldiers were among more than 17-hundred Army and Air Guard personnel who helped hundreds of Alabamians after the massive storm hit the state in mid-September. The Special Service Medal of Alabama is awarded to individuals whose actions deserve praise.