Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue October 14, 2003
Two Cities Hold Mayoral Elections Today
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Birmingham and Montgomery are holding mayoral elections today. Polls show Birmingham Mayor Bernard Kincaid leads his race, but he may have to face one of his competitors in a run-off. There are 18 candidates campaigning for the office. In Montgomery, Mayor Bobby Bright is expected to win another term without a runoff. A recent poll shows Bright could receive as much as 60 percent of the vote. There are six candidates in the Montgomery mayoral race.