Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu April 8, 2004
Two Alabama Soldiers Killed in Weekend Violence
By Alabama Public Radio
Baghdad, Iraq – The Department of Defense has confirmed a second Alabama soldier died in a Sunday attack in Iraq. Twenty-four-year-old specialist Ahmed Cason of McCalla was killed in Baghdad. The family of 25-year-old specialist Stephen "Dusty" Hiller of Opelika had already confirmed his death in the attack. Both soldiers served with the Army's Second Battalion, Fifth Cavalry Regiment based at Fort Hood, Texas. The Defense Department says Cason and Hiller were among eight Americans killed when their unit was attacked with rocket propelled grenades and small arms fire.