Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Business & Education
Wed May 14, 2014
Two Alabama Schools Finalists for ACT Awards
Two Alabama schools are among the finalists for an award given by the ACT organization to recognize schools and people that excel at preparing students for college and careers.
The Iowa-based testing group says Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa among four finalists for an award honoring schools for career preparedness.
Spain Park High School in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover is among four finalists for an award honoring schools that prepare students for the transition to college or careers.
Alabama is among eight states participating in an ACT program called the National College and Career Readiness Awards. Winners will be announced June 3 in Washington, D.C.