Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Business & Education
Wed May 14, 2014
Two Alabama Schools Finalists for ACT Awards
Two Alabama schools are among the finalists for an award given by the ACT organization to recognize schools and people that excel at preparing students for college and careers.
The Iowa-based testing group says Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa among four finalists for an award honoring schools for career preparedness.
Spain Park High School in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover is among four finalists for an award honoring schools that prepare students for the transition to college or careers.
Alabama is among eight states participating in an ACT program called the National College and Career Readiness Awards. Winners will be announced June 3 in Washington, D.C.