Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Wed May 14, 2014
Two Alabama Schools Finalists for ACT Awards
Two Alabama schools are among the finalists for an award given by the ACT organization to recognize schools and people that excel at preparing students for college and careers.
The Iowa-based testing group says Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa among four finalists for an award honoring schools for career preparedness.
Spain Park High School in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover is among four finalists for an award honoring schools that prepare students for the transition to college or careers.
Alabama is among eight states participating in an ACT program called the National College and Career Readiness Awards. Winners will be announced June 3 in Washington, D.C.