Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Arts & Life
Sat April 26, 2014
Tuscaloosa tornado: A Look back "Crime Spikes"
In this story from the APR archives that we covered in 2011 following the Tuscaloosa tornado, reporter Stan Ingold looks at how crime spiked in the city, just after the storm hit.
This Sunday marks three years since devestating tornadoes struck Alabama, including Tuscaloosa. The Alabama Public Radio news room is collaborating with journalism students at the University of Alabama who created a website as a class project. It contains news accounts and eyewitness accounts of the storm. APR contributed archival material of the newsroom's coverage. You'll find a link to this site on apr.org on Sunday.