Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- BP and Gulf Coast Tourism, Alabama Choirs Headed to Japan
Wed July 23, 2014
Tuscaloosa OKs License Fee For Ticket Sellers
The city of Tuscaloosa is joining Auburn in clamping down on ticket scalpers.
The Tuscaloosa City Council has approved a law that requires anyone involved with a ticket reselling business to get a license from City Hall.
The Tuscaloosa News reports that the license will cost $100 for both resellers and runners who purchase tickets from other individuals.
The city has been regulating ticket scalpers since the 1970s.
The city of Auburn imposed a $155 license on ticket sellers earlier this month.