Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Wed July 23, 2014
Tuscaloosa OKs License Fee For Ticket Sellers
The city of Tuscaloosa is joining Auburn in clamping down on ticket scalpers.
The Tuscaloosa City Council has approved a law that requires anyone involved with a ticket reselling business to get a license from City Hall.
The Tuscaloosa News reports that the license will cost $100 for both resellers and runners who purchase tickets from other individuals.
The city has been regulating ticket scalpers since the 1970s.
The city of Auburn imposed a $155 license on ticket sellers earlier this month.