Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Wed July 23, 2014
Tuscaloosa OKs License Fee For Ticket Sellers
The city of Tuscaloosa is joining Auburn in clamping down on ticket scalpers.
The Tuscaloosa City Council has approved a law that requires anyone involved with a ticket reselling business to get a license from City Hall.
The Tuscaloosa News reports that the license will cost $100 for both resellers and runners who purchase tickets from other individuals.
The city has been regulating ticket scalpers since the 1970s.
The city of Auburn imposed a $155 license on ticket sellers earlier this month.