Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
2011 Storm Reports
Thu June 2, 2011
Tuscaloosa Candelight Vigil
Tuscaloosa, Alabama – An estimated one thousand Tuscaloosa residents gathered at Government Plaza for a candelight vigil to remember the people lost during the April 27th tornado. The event was more poignant, since the City officially raised the number of deaths from 41 to 43. Each name was read during the ceremony, which also praised volunteers and first responders. Alabama Public Radio's Pat Duggins was there, and produced this "sound portrait."