Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 9, 2004
Tuscaloosa Bait Shop Sending Fishing Gear to Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Tuscaloosa, AL – A Tuscaloosa bait shop is asking for rods, reels, lures, hooks, sinkers, tackle bags and anything else needed for fishing to help troops in Iraq. The project all started with a recent issue of Bassmaster Magazine that carried an article about servicemen trying to fish in the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers and in some of Saddam Hussein's once private ponds in Iraq. The tackle and equipment they were using was handmade. So now The Worm Shack in Tuscaloosa is accepting donations and hopes to send tackle of all types to the fishermen in Iraq. They request that all tackle donated be new or in very good condition.