Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Disabled Cruise Ship
Tue February 12, 2013
Tug Boats Tow Disabled Cruise Ship Toward Alabama
The Coast Guard says a second tug boat has reached a disabled cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico and is helping tow it to Mobile, Ala.
More than 3,000 passengers and a crew of more than 1,000 aboard the Carnival Cruise Lines ship Carnival Triumph have had limited services since a fire in an engine room Sunday. The original plan was to tow it to Progreso, Mexico, but currents pushed it north.
No injuries have been reported.
Coast Guard Petty Officer Richard Brahm in Houston says the ship was about 270 miles south of Mobile as of Tuesday morning. It is expected to arrive there Thursday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.