Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
Tri-State Water Woes
Tue August 25, 2009
Tri State Showdown pt 1 - Apalachicola
By Alabama Public Radio
Tallahassee FL – The 19-year court battle among Florida, Georgia and Alabama over the river system they share has flared up again. Last month, a federal judge gave Georgia three years to get Congressional approval or lose Atlanta's main water source. But Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue vows to fight the ruling, and for those at the other end of the river system, the judge's deadline may come too late. In the first of a four part series on this issue, Florida Public Radio's Margie Menzel reports ...
... this series of reports is a collaboration of Alabama Public Radio, Florida Public Radio and Georgia Public Broadcasting.