Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tri-State Water Woes
Tue August 25, 2009
Tri State Showdown pt 1 - Apalachicola
By Alabama Public Radio
Tallahassee FL – The 19-year court battle among Florida, Georgia and Alabama over the river system they share has flared up again. Last month, a federal judge gave Georgia three years to get Congressional approval or lose Atlanta's main water source. But Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue vows to fight the ruling, and for those at the other end of the river system, the judge's deadline may come too late. In the first of a four part series on this issue, Florida Public Radio's Margie Menzel reports ...
... this series of reports is a collaboration of Alabama Public Radio, Florida Public Radio and Georgia Public Broadcasting.