Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Fri August 10, 2012
Treats For The Troops In Denver, Colo.
Originally published on Tue August 14, 2012 11:59 am
Over the past several years, Lainey Hamrick and the volunteers at Colorado Supporting Our Troops have sent hundreds of care packages to members of the military in Afghanistan, Iraq and bases all over the world. In December, the group shipped 160 boxes of goodies overseas.
The boxes contain everything from lip balm to licorice, from sunflower seeds to unscented skincare products. She does this with her own money and with help from other caring citizens in Colorado. She is so dedicated to this cause and does it without any hesitation.
Ed Gruben is the chief financial officer of an apparel company and a CSOT volunteer. He listens to KVOD.