Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Politics & Government
Fri April 18, 2014
Transportation Secretary Visits Anniston Bus Plant
U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx visited a western Alabama bus manufacturing plant as part of a national tour to highlight the importance of infrastructure investments.
AL.com reports Anthony Foxx toured the North American Bus Indus
tries plant in Anniston Wednesday to try drumming up support for a national infrastructure plan President Barack Obama plans to send to Congress.
Many bus orders the plant processes are manufactured for transit agencies that receive funding from the Federal Transit Administration, a branch of the U.S. Department of Transportation.