Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Politics & Government
Fri April 18, 2014
Transportation Secretary Visits Anniston Bus Plant
U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx visited a western Alabama bus manufacturing plant as part of a national tour to highlight the importance of infrastructure investments.
AL.com reports Anthony Foxx toured the North American Bus Indus
tries plant in Anniston Wednesday to try drumming up support for a national infrastructure plan President Barack Obama plans to send to Congress.
Many bus orders the plant processes are manufactured for transit agencies that receive funding from the Federal Transit Administration, a branch of the U.S. Department of Transportation.