Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Politics & Government
Fri April 18, 2014
Transportation Secretary Visits Anniston Bus Plant
U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx visited a western Alabama bus manufacturing plant as part of a national tour to highlight the importance of infrastructure investments.
AL.com reports Anthony Foxx toured the North American Bus Indus
tries plant in Anniston Wednesday to try drumming up support for a national infrastructure plan President Barack Obama plans to send to Congress.
Many bus orders the plant processes are manufactured for transit agencies that receive funding from the Federal Transit Administration, a branch of the U.S. Department of Transportation.