Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Fri April 18, 2014
Transportation Secretary Visits Anniston Bus Plant
U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx visited a western Alabama bus manufacturing plant as part of a national tour to highlight the importance of infrastructure investments.
AL.com reports Anthony Foxx toured the North American Bus Indus
tries plant in Anniston Wednesday to try drumming up support for a national infrastructure plan President Barack Obama plans to send to Congress.
Many bus orders the plant processes are manufactured for transit agencies that receive funding from the Federal Transit Administration, a branch of the U.S. Department of Transportation.