Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 8, 2004
Traffic Deaths Surpass Last Year's Total
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The number of traffic fatalities this year has already surpassed the number for all of last year. State Troopers say there have 657 traffic fatalities so far this year. Two hundred-75 of the deaths occurred on county roads. Last year's total number was 576. Triple-A Alabama spokesperson Clay Ingram says he's alarmed by an increase in fatal crashes this month. There were 12 just in the first three days of November. Ingram says most accidents appear to be related to excessive speed and urged motorists to slow down.