Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Business & Education
Fri June 21, 2013
Toyota Spending $150M at Ala Engine Plant
Toyota is spending $150 million on equipment as part of its expansion at an engine plant in north Alabama.
The car manufacturer said Thursday the machinery will help fill out space created during an $80 million plant expansion announced previously.
The work is supposed to be finished by early 2014, and 125 jobs are being added in Huntsville. Once done, total employment will be 1,150.
The company is expanding production capacity for V6 engines. The company also is adding new capacity at supplier plants in Troy, Mo., and Jackson, Tenn.
Toyota makes four-cylinder, V6 and V8 engines for eight different vehicles in Alabama.